Lake Center Christian School has an opening for Senior High Technology Teacher (grades 9 – 12) for the 2023-2024 school year.
Courses Taught Include:
Technology & Worldview: This course will introduce students to the fields of technology and computer science through an exploration of engaging and accessible topics preparing all our students for success in any field or career. The course will focus on societal and ethical issues surrounding technology and the responsibility to use, create, and review technology in a way that gives glory to our Lord. In this project-based course, the students will design, develop and create projects that showcase their growing knowledge of technological applications and computer science skills.
Technology 1: Working in design teams and using professional practices, students will apply a systematic design process for researching, designing, building, and assessing solutions to solve various project-based technological challenges. Students will complete a project related to these challenges based upon his/her individual interests throughout the semester. As Christians in our everyday world, students will develop an awareness of environmental and societal issues related to technological design
Technology 2: This project-based course will explore how the application of technological advances to transform resources into usable products and services, related to challenges in the real world. As Christians, students will address the use and ramifications of technology used in daily life, exploring areas such as security, sports, music, geography, and medical applications. Students will complete a project based upon his/her individual interests and related to a real-world problem.
Advanced Technology: This project-based course will explore how the application of technological advances to transform resources into usable products and services, related to challenges in the real world. As Christians, students will address the use and ramifications of technology used in daily life, exploring areas such as security, sports, music, geography, and medical applications. Students will complete a project based upon his/her individual interests and related to a real-world problem.
Objective: To provide a Christian learning experience to all students with whom they work by observing best practices, by treating each student as a unique creation with special gifts from God, and by working with peers, administration, and parents.
- Certification or licensure by the State of Ohio for the position or eligibility for such credentials.
- All faculty members are required to have an ACSI certificate after their first year of employment.
- Testimony to an experience of salvation and a growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Be able to define and explain a Biblical worldview.
- Adequate background of Bible knowledge and the ability to impart biblical truth to students.
- A member of or association with an evangelical Christian congregation and regular attendance including active support where affiliation is held.
- A good moral reputation and strong family relationships.
- Ability to relate to and to work well with others.
- Ability to plan, teach, and assess in a co-teaching environment.
- Possess an understanding and commitment to Christian education and a sense of call from the Lord into teaching.
- Support of the Philosophy of Christian education, the educational goals, and the curriculum of Lake Center Christian School.
- An understanding of and agreement with the Statement of Faith and Community Lifestyle Commitment.
Reports to: Principal or his/her designee
The faculty member shall:
- Teach students according to the school philosophy, goals, and course of study.
- Work effectively with students of various ages and grade levels
- Prepare and implement technology-focused lessons and keep plans the same readily available as requested by administration.
- Collaborate with other faculty in planning for use of technology into classroom lessons/curriculum
- Utilize various educational software, hardware and technology tools to enhance student learning
- Stay up to date with current technology trends and resources to best support student learning
- Ability to integrate technology into various content areas effectively and creatively
- Participate in school and community affairs as relevant to the position.
- Communicate student progress to parents through quarterly report cards
- Supervise and keep inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Notify parents and/or administrator of behavioral issues or concerns
- Prayerfully minister to the spiritual welfare of the students.
- Participate with the Principal, Director of Technology and/or Director of Curriculum and Instruction in reviewing resources and updating technology curriculum.
- Follow procedures and policies in the Employee Handbook.
- Follow all confidentiality laws and requirements.
- Submit Individual Professional Development Plan (IPDP) and follow LPDC requirements
Additional Working Conditions:
- Occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue
- Occasional interaction with unruly students
- Frequent requirement to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see, read, speak, reach, stretch with hands and arms, crouch, kneel, climb, and stoop
- Occasional evening work
- Occasional travel, e.g., attending workshop outside of district
- Occasional operation of a vehicle in inclement weather conditions
- Frequent repetitive hand motion, e.g., computer keyboard, calculator, writing
- Occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull various items up to a maximum of 25 pounds
Materials Required for Submission: Resume with a letter of introduction and a Certified Application, along with approximately 1 hand-written page of your own personal Christian Philosophy of Education.
Email contact person: Cheryl Sommers email@example.com
Posting to remain open until position is filled.