for Lake Center Students
Submit an OCEN SGO Scholarship Application for your student by February 15, 2023
The Ohio Christian Education Network Scholarship Granting Organization (OCEN SGO) is a scholarship opportunity for K-12 students attending Lake Center Christian Schools. Award amounts vary.
The OCEN SGO prioritizes students from low-income backgrounds. However, ALL students at participating schools are eligible to apply, including:
- Every current student enrolled at Lake Center Christian School for Fall 22-23.
- LCCS students receiving the Ohio EdChoice Scholarship
- New students that have started an application for 2023-24 admissions by February 12, 2023, AND completed all admission requirements by April 15, 2023.
- Students of a Lake Center Christian School employee.
For the 2023-2024 school year, the student application window closes on February 15, 2023.
Awards will be announced on May 1, 2023. Award amounts vary based on applicants and funding available from year-to-year.
Scholarship Two-Step Application Process:
- Student name, email, grade level
- Parent/Guardian Name, phone and email and home address
- School attending Fall 23-24
- Family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) as shown on line 8b of your family’s most recent tax return
Email Page 1 of your most recent federal income tax form 1040 verifying income on line 8b to : OCEN@CCV.ORG
Please write “OCEN SGO Tax form – (student name)” in the subject line.
If you do not have a federal tax form, you will need to submit two most recent pay stubs for all wage earners in the family, along with an explanation of why your family does not have a tax return to OCEN@CCV.ORG.
The scholarship is designed to help students have access to a Christian education and encourage participation in extra-curricular activities that strengthen academic, spiritual and mental health needs of our students through participation in clubs and activities. At Lake Center, the OCEN SCO scholarship can be used to cover:
- Tutoring Services
- Field Trips (6th Grade Beaulah Beach; SH Camp Carl Mini-Term)
- Academic Fees (including graduation fees)
- Music Fees (excluding private lessons)
- Choir Festival
- Instrument Rentals
- Athletic Fees (All grade levels)
- Fine Arts Play Fees
- Club Fees (K-12)
No. The operational fee is the responsibility of the parent/guardian and not eligible to be paid by the OCEN SGO scholarship at Lake Center.
No. Application, enrollment, continuous enrollment, student commitment fee and testing fees that are part of the Admissions process are the responsibility of the parent/guardian and not eligible to be covered by the OCEN SGO scholarship at Lake Center.
Yes. The OCEN SGO scholarship does not replace the Ohio EdChoice scholarship. If your student is also awarded a OCEN SGO scholarship, those funds can be used to help cover the fees of voluntary participation in academic, field trips, athletic teams, and clubs to enrich their learning experience at Lake Center.
No. OCEN SGO Scholarship awards are NOT transferable. Each student must apply for the OCEN SGO scholarship. The deadline is February 15. If your student receives an award and no longer plans to attend, or withdrawals from Lake Center, any unused OCEN SGO scholarship award funds will be forfeited.
No. You can make a donation to the OCEN SGO all year round through one-time, monthly or quarterly recurring donations. However, you can only claim the credit amount donated (up to $750 per individual; $1500 per couple) on your Ohio tax return in the year that it was donated. For example donations Jan 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023 can be claimed in the 2023 tax year.