Bring Your Own Device
LCCS Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Policy
ONLY devices as outlined below may be brought and used as part of the grades 7-12 BYOD program.
- A laptop is defined as a personal computer that has a lid which can be closed and has its own built-in physical keyboard
- A Microsoft Surface with keyboard is an acceptable device
- Other tablets of any kind (i.e. iPad, Android, etc) with Bluetooth keyboards are acceptable devices
- Personal Chromebooks are acceptable devices
- Students who bring personal devices are specifically agreeing to apply all the computer policies at school to the use of their personal computers.
- Students bringing technology to campus must verify that their anti-virus software exists and is up to date. Knowingly bringing on premises or infecting the network with a virus, Trojan, or program designed to damage, alter, destroy, or provide access to unauthorized data or information may result in disciplinary action that could include suspension of BYOD privileges.
- Personal student devices will only be configured to use the LCCS wireless network with permission from the Director of Educational Technology.
- Students may use personal devices and the LCCS network to access legitimate material for school use.
- In the classroom, teachers will decide when it may be used and for what purpose(s). The technology may only be used to access files on computer or Internet sites which are relevant to the classroom curriculum.
- When authorized for use by the classroom teacher, devices will remain visible.
- Use of a personal device is a privilege that may be revoked at any time due to non-compliance or for any other reason such a loss of privilege is deemed necessary by administration.
- Hacking, altering, or bypassing network security and sharing IDs/passwords are examples of inappropriate behavior and may result in disciplinary action that could include suspension of BYOD privileges.
- LCCS is not responsible nor will be held liable for any loss of or damage to personal devices
- Students take full responsibility for their personal devices. LCCS is not responsible for the security of personal devices.
- Connecting devices to physical school technology property is prohibited. Items include but are not limited to printers, data projectors, speakers, hard wired network, etc…
- Students are responsible for trouble shooting and technical support of their personal devices. The school is not responsible for technical support of or repairs to personal laptops.
- All Internet access will be filtered and no attempt shall be made to bypass the filter using any technology available (proxy servers, remote desktop sharing, etc.).
- LCCS has the right to collect and examine any device that is suspected of causing network problems or is believed to be the source of a malicious attack or virus infection.
- Devices are not to be brought to nor used during lunch.
BYOD Enrollment Procedures
Students wishing to enroll a device in the BYOD program simply need to check-in with Mrs. Roberts for instructions on how to connect to the school’s network. Unauthorized devices will be blocked.
Our Technology & Acceptable Use Policy is included in the pages that follow. Please review these policies prior to bringing a device for use on campus