Bring Your Own Device
LCCS Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Policy
ONLY laptops or Chromebooks may be brought and used as part of the grades 7-12 BYOD program.
- A laptop is defined as a personal computer that has a lid which can be closed and has its own built-in physical keyboard
- A Microsoft Surface with keyboard is considered a laptop
- Other tablets of any kind (i.e. iPad, Android, etc) with Bluetooth keyboards
- Personal Chromebooks may also be registered.
- Students who bring personal laptops are specifically agreeing to apply all the computer policies at school to the use of their personal computers.
- Students will not have access to the student wireless network until their computers have been checked for current operating system updates, malware, viruses, and current anti-virus
- Students bringing technology to campus must verify that their anti-virus software exists and is up to date. Knowingly bringing on premises or infecting the network with a virus, Trojan, or program designed to damage, alter, destroy, or provide access to unauthorized data or information may result in disciplinary action that could include suspension of BYOD privileges.
- Personal student laptops will only be configured to use the LCCS student wireless network.
- Students may use personal laptops and the LCCS student network to access legitimate material for school use.
- In the classroom, teachers will decide when it may be used and for what purpose(s). The technology may only be used to access files on computer or Internet sites which are relevant to the classroom curriculum.
- When authorized for use by the classroom teacher, laptops will remain visible.
- Use of a personal laptop is a privilege that may be revoked at any time due to non-compliance or for any other reason such a loss of privilege is deemed necessary by administration.
- Hacking, altering, or bypassing network security and sharing IDs/passwords are examples of inappropriate behavior and may result in disciplinary action that could include suspension of BYOD privileges.
- LCCS is not responsible nor will be held liable for any loss of or damage to personal laptops
- Students take full responsibility for their personal laptops. LCCS is not responsible for the security of personal laptops.
- Connecting laptops to physical school technology property is prohibited. Items include but are not limited to printers, data projectors, speakers, hard wired network, etc…
- Students are responsible for trouble shooting and technical support of their personal laptops. The school is not responsible for technical support of or repairs to personal laptops.
- All Internet access will be filtered and no attempt shall be made to bypass the filter using any technology available (proxy servers, remote desktop sharing, etc.).
- LCCS has the right to collect and examine any laptop that is suspected of causing network problems or is believed to be the source of a malicious attack or virus infection.
- Laptops are not to be brought to nor used during lunch.
BYOD Enrollment Procedures
Students wishing to enroll a device in the BYOD program simply need to check-in with Mrs. Roberts for instructions on how to connect to the school’s network. Unauthorized devices will be blocked.
The BYOD Policy and our Technology & Acceptable Use Policy are included in the pages that follow. Please review these policies with your child prior to signing the BYOD enrollment form.