College Credit Plus (CCP)
Books for 1st Semester CCP Classes
All students enrolled in a CCP Class at a college or university for 2nd semester needs to complete the “2019-2020 College Credit Plus Classes, Funding Allocation and Textbook Requests Survey” by Nov. 30. Students should complete a separate survey form for each CCP class they will be taking. Please click on the link below:
The State Funding application window for the 2019-2020 school year will open Feb 15.
College Credit Plus Informational Video
Click below to view the video from our October 9th CCP meeting at Lake Center.
When you have viewed the video, please stop by the Secondary Guidance Office to pick-up the application information packet and forms.
Steps to participate
in a CCP Class:
- Parents attend an important informational CCP meeting at Lake Center. It is posted on the Lake Center Calendar. This is where you will receive an information packet on participating in the College Credit Plus program whether at Lake Center, at a local campus or online. Click here to view the video of this meeting if you did not attend. Pick up the information packet from the guidance office once you’ve viewed the video.
- The ACT test must be taken to qualify for CCP classes. Students should take the December ACT test as the latest option in order to have scores available in time to apply for CCP. Register at actstudent.org
- Complete the State of Ohio’s required “Letter of Intent to Participate for Nonpublic Students” and mail or email this completed form DIRECTLY to the Ohio State Board of Education at the address listed on the bottom of the form by APRIL 1. http://education.ohio.gov/getattachment/Topics/Quality-School-Choice/Private-Schools/College-Credit-Plus-for-Nonpublic-School-Families/Nonpublic-Intent-to-Participate-CCP-form.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US
- Complete the yellow LCCS College Credit Plus Participation Notification form which notifies Lake Center that you intend to participate in CCP classes for the upcoming school year. This is attached to the CCP Handout you received at the CCP meeting. Bring this to the Guidance Office by March 1.
- Apply to each college that you will be taking a class with. Malone, Bluffton and Cedarville are schools hosting classes specifically at Lake Center. If you attend a local college or take an online class you will also apply to that specific college.
- Complete and bring the yellow CCP Transcript Request Form to the Guidance Office so that academic records can be mailed to all colleges with whom your child will be taking CCP classes. This form is on the reverse side of the LCCS College Credit Plus Participation Notification form which was attached to the CCP packet you received at the CCP meeting. Bring this to the Guidance Office by March 1.
- Create a SAFE account for your family. This is where you will request the number of credit hours needed for the CCP classes that will be taken and upload the college acceptance letter(s). Completion deadline is April 12.
The Guidance Office will be happy to help if you have any questions.